Sunday, May 30, 2010

My First Job

More than a year has passed since I wrote something ( who really cares!!!) on my blog. May be that's a reason why I stopped . May be I had nothing interesting to write (When did I have one ??). So why am I back ? Its not the sheer interest that has pulled me back . Nor I have something of national interest to discuss . So what brought me back ?. I find writing blogs a great way to reflect on my life .I try to bring out the rationale behind my deeds .


So what has changed since last year ? Nothing much. Except for the fact that I have stopped accepting money from my home. That concludes that I am earning myself . Remember I had been recruited by TCS during campus placement in March 2008. I should have got a call by june -july 2009 .But this didn't happen . Thanks to the global recession .The world was still recuperating from the massive hit . People from tier-1 colleges got their call earlier . My college reputation didn't do any good . Am I correct to blame my college for this painful delay ? No, I am absolutely wrong . I got what I deserved . No issues here . My branch also helped the delay as people from CSE and IT got their call first . Thanks to my Electronics background I got to stay a little longer with my family doing nothing.


Those were the trying times . Months passed on as I waited for the only job I had .Mom even visited an astrologer to ascertain when I would get the job . The poor person without knowing about the market scenario predicted that I would get the job within a month . That was way back in october .A month passed and my mother lost hopes . She had already heard a lot things about the software firms and the mass recruitment thing ( thanks to my maternal uncles ). She started pushing me to go on the lookout for a job in delhi . I believe she had to explain a lot many people about my stay for so long . This happens when you are from a small place . People start asking questions as if they are very much concerned about you and your family . They seize every opportunity to embarrass you . They start giving you all kind of suggestions that they won't be giving to their own children . I tried my best to avoid people . My maternal uncles too were pressurizing me to go for other jobs such as PO. So just to calm them I filled some forms . Deliberately I gave delhi as the centre just to avoid people and their questions . Life again was not easy here in delhi as the thought of being unemployed never left me . The thought of still being a liability didn't make me feel better anytime. I half heartedly prepared for the MBA exams . Then one fine day TCS probably remembered that it had recruited one "amresh kumar ". I was happy again . TCS gave me a call to join them on 21st jan 2010 and further increase their employee count by one . Soon I was a part of a big family . Mom was happy and relieved .Now she didn't have to answer anymore .

No comments: