Monday, March 9, 2009

Nostalgic about DELHI

From past few days I have read quite interesting news . The first one is quite disheartening especially for me . Could you ever think of IIM ,FMS and XLRI grads posting their resumes on job sites ? I know none of us would believe it considering the benchmark set by these prestigious institutes over the years . Each and every year the students created new records with the fat salary packages . But this year the salary and the profile being offered were not well received by the graduates .I- banks were missing this time and even if they were not many got lucky .Besides the average compensation have gone down by almost 30% . Even the world's Top 20 ranked ISB has not been spared . Since they were not satisfied they have resorted to posting their resumes on job sites and are on look out for career satisfying jobs . If this trend continues in the next year too, many would be apprehensive to join them considering the cost of education and the ROI . You can only guess about the placement scenario of other MBA colleges all over India . I don't think if even IIT can boast of 100% placement this time . Sadly it seems as if the MBA job boom has come to an end . But then it will revive itself as per my theory . The big question is when ?


So what would you buy or prefer ? A bottle of pepsi or an ownership of citigroup . Really I'm not joking . This was the news which I read on ET when citigroup share plummeted to less than a dollar . May be I'll go for pepsi as citi's future is uncertain though it received help from the FED . I cannot see my money losing out on citi's share . At least pepsi can give some respite for a short while from this recession.


Old is gold . Isn't it ? After playing for almost 20 years of non stop cricket ,doing over the same things again and again , the commitment shown by Sachin is just mind blowing . I just can't help myself but admire him . Truly He is a genius . His hunger for runs remains unsatiated till this date . And I believe this is the prime motivation which keeps him going every time He walks on to the pitch .I consider myself quite lucky to be born around this time as I can watch Him destroying bowlers all over . Sachin Tendulkar . Take a BOW .


So the moment is finally arriving . The day is 14th of March . The place is DELHI . Having spent around 4 years of my life in Delhi ,it's like second home for me . I feel nostalgic just at the thought of going over there . I have some fond memories of that place . Wait I'm coming again. So the only call I got this year is from DFS . A career in finance is always what I have dreamt of .I've done my part and the rest lies in the hands of destiny . Still some time left for the D-day .Till then be positive . Signing off on a positive note .

No comments: