Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lifestyle takes a HIT

Global recession ,slowingdown of economy , financial meltdown are the few terms discussed at length these days .Everyday each and every newspaper brings out an editorial on such hot topics explaining the causes and the effects of the above dreaded words .The countries all around the globe are making every effort to deal with the slowdown .Unemloyment is at it's peak and the fear of losing the job in these trying times is creating a havoc in the minds of the people .Companies after companies are reporting huge losses and are fiercly shuting down many production sites to cut down losses . Despite global scenario and IMF 's prediction of India's GDP growing around 5.2% , India is crusing along fine . Afterall it will be the second largest growing economy after China . But certain economists are of the view that India will be less affected by the gloomy scenario and will register a growth of around 7% in the nest fiscal .I pray they are right but we will have to wait for a certain time to celebrate .


So what are the causes for this recession , slowdown and all these stuffs?? May be I am not learned enough to cite the reasons .But I have a certain philosophical point of view .Sorry if I sound funny ,and if, ignore this . Like in a lifetime there are happy moments ,there is a boom in the economy .There are difficult,unhappy times in a life and likewise it is the slowdown ,gloomy times . The sensex last year was climbing dizzy heights and there were claims floating that it might reach 25000 points , Alongside India was recording a healthy growth rate and reaping the benefits of good times .But with sensex crashing for the past few months depict the uncertainities of the current time . On an optimistic note we know that every bad periods end with the beginning of good times .The past is the proof of the above statement. The growth of a counrty is something like a Sine curve .There will be crests and troughs for sure .But what will remain undetermined is it's time period that is for how long will there be healthy growth and for how much time will this slowdown lasts. The second thing which cannot be calculated is by how the economy would grow or contract but surely can be speculated . It is the time to search for the mistakes and rectify them .To revisit the basics , to enhance your skills , and thus remaining competitive .When will these times vanish remains unknown till then be optimistic .



So how am I surviving in this period of financial meltdown ? Certainly the credit crunch has taken a heavy toll on my lifestyle but then I never was a spendthrift .To deal with the situation I had to adopt various cost cutting methods and ofcourse in almost all the cases my poor stomach had to bear the consequences . For the past four months I had been wearing a pair of slippers with a large hole in one of it .It could have created a problem for me ,of much larger magnitude , if only a nail or something would have got into my feet . But now I am safe as I purchased a new pair after a lot of deliberation. Weekly I used eat out twice on tuesday and saturday ( thanks to the mess food ) but now I have scrapped the whole idea fo eating out. I have given up drinking (read juice ) . Now the only expense remains is the evening nasta which I will try to cut to minimum level . I cannot afford to go to a movie hall ( thank god no srk movie in near future) . I didn't pay for the hostel function as well as Kritansh but savoured the dinner on both the occasions ( thanks to Anand & Amrit ) . I hope to employ such measures in many more cases as long as it reduces the financial burden . As of now I just hope that my financial conditions would improve and start an upward movement ....boom time.

No comments: